Fried icecream balls. Fried ice cream might sound impossible, but it's actually pretty simple. Frying ice cream just sounds stressful to us. So we opted to skip it.
Be careful not to fry to long. Fried Ice Cream is an unexpected, irresistibly good dessert. This version is churro-flavored with a a hot, cinnamon-sugar fried cookie coating over frozen vanilla ice cream! You can have Fried icecream balls using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried icecream balls
- Prepare 1 cup of two in one ice cream.
- It’s 12 slices of fruit cake.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 drops of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare as required of Oil to fry.
This first time I ever had Fried Ice Cream was at a Japanese restaurant in San Francisco as a child with my grandparents. Like I mentioned earlier, making deep fried ice cream is a process. It's not exactly something you can just. Fried ice cream is one of my favorite summer treats at the fair (and that's saying something, because there are a lot of delicious fried treats at the fair).
Fried icecream balls instructions
- Take a plastic wrap and cut in a big square piece. Then place 6 pcs slice cake on it (cake should be overlapping each other). Gently roll it using a rolling pin..
- Then place a hard scoop of ice cream in the center of the rolled cake slices.. quickly fold the plastic wrap along with the cake covering the ice cream. Make the ball tight and keep in freezer. Repeat the process with the other ice cream scoop. Freeze for about 2 hours.
- When you want to serve the dessert.Mix maida, a pinch of salt, vanilla essence and egg all together in a bowl, add a little water to make a thick smooth batter. Dip the ice cream balls in the batter.Cover it completely.Then using a big spoon drop the ball into well heated oil.Deep fry and serve immediately. You can also serve these ice cream balls along with seasonal fruits and some cream..
Then, enjoy as is or kick it up a notch by. There are conflicting stories about the dessert's origin. Once the ice cream is scooped it goes back into the freezer for about an hour to become rock hard. It needs to be frozen solid for the ice cream to hold together during frying. Having fried ice cream is a treat usually reserved for going out to eat at the local Mexican restaurants.