Sheree's Fruit Preserve Bars. Many varieties of fruit preserves are made globally, including sweet fruit preserves. Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
The downside is that some people can taste the preservative while others are allergic. Summer is the season for fresh produce—from your garden, the local farmers market or nearby farms. It can be so tempting to buy in bulk—after all, you've waited all year for the perfect strawberry or tomato—and when you grow your own, you usually end up with a surplus of fruits and vegetables. You can have Sheree's Fruit Preserve Bars using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sheree's Fruit Preserve Bars
- You need 2 1/2 cup of oats.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of splenda for cooking…. can use reg sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 20 oz of jar of fruit preserves …. i use raspberry… peach… or strawberry.
- You need 2 stick of room temp butter.
Halva Fruit Cake Bars aka Halva Squares. A fruitcake infused with the flavor of sesame seeds is what this coffee cake is all about. I have never actually had fruit cake and had no idea it was preserved with alcohol. Hilah shows you three easy ways to preserve fresh herbs all year round.
Sheree's Fruit Preserve Bars step by step
- put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well….
- cut butter with a knife into 1tablespoon pats….add to mix in the bowl..
- with either a pastry mixer or a fork…. incorporate the butter into the mix until it appears crumbly….
- *** this fits into an aluminium disposable rectangle pan….
- butter a baking dish… I use butter flavored non stick spray….make sure u get the bottom and sides…..
- pour 1/2 of the mixture into baking dish …. press the mixture firmly in the baking dish…..
- put preserves of any flavor ontop of the oatmeal mixture…. be careful to GENTLY PUT IT ON…try not to disturb oat layer…..
- pour remaining mixture on top and gently press it into layer of preserves….
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- allow to set for 10 minutes before you cut it….
- *** my dad is diabetic so they carry a lower sugar brown sugar at Walmart … and when I make it for them I use this instead and sugar free preserves with splenda.
- **** I've also put a layer of warmed cream cheese and then the preserves…… then the oat topping.
- **** THIS RECIPE WAS INSPIRED BY THE PIONEER WOMAN……
A wide variety of preserved fruit options are available to you, such as drying process, type, and style. Preserved fruit of the best quality, flavour, colour and juiceness, coming from our plantations in Spain, and processed in our own facilities. Lazaya makes you available preserved fruit that enjoys the best quality of the market. Its deep flavours remind our sunny Aragonian plantations in Spain. Preserves are basically fruit that is cooked in a thick sugar syrup, and once the preserves are made, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of Note: Because of their acidity, properly sterilized fruit preserves rarely become contaminated by bacteria.