Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies. Add crushed peppermint candy and chopped chocolate and mix. Lay out three pieces parchment paper. Lay a third of the cookie dough on the edge of a piece of paper, roll up tightly and shape into a log.
Just slice and place on the sheet! How to make Peppermint Chocolate Slice and Bake Cookies. First, you'll make your chocolate peppermint dough. You can have Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, + extra for hands & work surface.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 (4 oz.) of baking bar semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
Chewy double chocolate cookies with mint in the batter and on top with a sprinkling of crushed candy cane. Perfect for cookie exchanges, holiday Thankfully this recipe satisfies my deepest chocolate peppermint cravings, perhaps just as much as a double scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Our famous No-Bake Peppermint Chocolate Slice is now even better! Types Of Cookies To Use: You can use any type of plain sweet cookies for the base (like graham crackers if you're in the US, Arnott's Marie biscuits if you're in Australia or digestive biscuits).
Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set this aside..
- In a separate large bowl, either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on med-high speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute or two. Then beat in the sugar until fluffy and combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Switch the mixer to low speed and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Then flour your hands and a work surface lightly. Turn out the dough onto the floured surface and seperate the dough into two even amounts..
- Roll the dough into two seperate logs, roughly 8 inches in length and about 2 1/2 in in diameter. Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 5 days. You could also freeze the dough logs at this point, for up to 3 months. To thaw, place them in the fridge overnight, then continue on with the baking process from there..
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of large baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats..
- Working one at a time, unwrap the dough log and slice into equally sized cookies. You should get about 11-12 per log..
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once cooled, melt the 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate according to its packages directions and drizzle over the top of each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set completely (about 30 or so minutes) before storing them..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
The peppermint candies that get pressed into the dough give these slice and bake sweets a festive look but they're not your only option. This is the best chocolate peppermint slice without copha and has a biscuit and bubble base. This easy and delicious No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Slice is a true family favorite and you won't be able to wait to make it. Perfect for cookie exchanges and to have on hand for parties and gifts! Here are those cookies I teased you with on Instagram yesterday… Coconut Slice & Bake Cookies.