Mawa Malai Kulfi. Malai kulfi recipe with step by step photos and video – easy and delicious kesar pista malai kulfi recipe made without condensed milk or mawa (khoya). Malai kulfi is one of the family favorites. Watch how to make mawa malai kulfi Malai kulfi kaise banaye.
Made with simple ingredients, this eggless Indian ice cream is flavored with cardamom. Malai Kulfi- a frozen Indian milk dessert. I made this kesar pista malai Kulfi by reducing the milk first and then added some home made mawa in it to give thickness,body and texture. You can cook Mawa Malai Kulfi using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mawa Malai Kulfi
- Prepare 1 ltr of milk+1/2 cup milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh malai.
- Prepare 1 cup of mawa.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar or as per taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need of Some chopped nuts of your choice..
- Prepare As needed of almonds,cashews,pista.
Malai Kulfi is a delicious ice cream that everyone relishes during the Summer season. Kulfi has similarities to ice cream in appearance and taste; however it is denser and creamier. In a wide pan heat full fat milk. Let the milk simmer and stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan.
Mawa Malai Kulfi instructions
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it up to a boil.reduce the heat and cook until it reduce 1/4..
- Add mawa (i have used leftover of ghee as mawa,so didn't need to roast mawa. you can add homemade / market bought or any leftover mawa sweets as mawa).roast mawa until it changes it's colour.add roasted mawa in a milk pan and cook until it reduces another 1/4.keep stirring..
- Add sugar,cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits mix well and cook for a min.switch off the flame and let it cool at room temperature..
- Meanwhile in a bowl add malai and 1/2 cup of milk.whisk or beat for few seconds till creamy.do not over beat..
- Add this malai mixture in to milk mawa pan mixture and mix well..
- Now fill kulfi moulds with this mixture and cover. keep them in freezer for 7-8 hours or overnight..
- After set, demould and garnish with pista and rose petals and Serve..
Of the many varieties of kulfi, this traditional Malai Kulfi stands out with an extra rich and intense flavour and creaminess, all thanks to the slow but rewarding process of condensing. Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring to a boil. Malai Kulfi prepared with milk and dry mawa is liked by all. This kulfi can also be prepared in kulfi molds for kids. Kulfi is best described as Indian-style ice cream.