Chocolate chips Oatmeal Cookies. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have a slightly crisp edge with a soft center and enough chew that it won't immediately break when you bend it. A "slow bend cookie" as I like to call them- and this is what makes a regular oatmeal cookie a really great oatmeal cookie. This chewy, oatmeal chocolate chip cookie has plenty, not to mention lots of heart-healthy oatmeal.
Oatmeal and chocolate chips are great together. Add in some pecans and coconut and we're pretty excited. What Add-Ins Work With These Cookies? You can have Chocolate chips Oatmeal Cookies using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate chips Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 1/2 Cup of softened Butter.
- You need 1/2 Cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of quick oats.
- You need 1 Cup of white whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
The real variable in this oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is the. Soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies loaded with oats and chocolate chips! I'll admit that oatmeal cookies are not usually high on my list of cookies. Thankfully these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies can be made with either raisins or chocolate chips and be just as delicious.
Chocolate chips Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg F. Line a parchment paper in a baking tray..
- Cream together butter, honey, and brown sugar in a mixer. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until creamy..
- In a bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips..
- Drop cookie dough a tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Centers will appear slightly under cooked..
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store in an airtight container..
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are ultra chewy and naturally gluten free. These cookies are full of oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and chocolate chips! Instead of using all-purpose flour, we use homemade oat flour aka ground up oats! My Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are famous in my family, because they are simply the BEST and I thought that chocolate needed a time to shine too! The chocolate chip cookie is one of the most ubiquitous cookies around, but it is a relative newcomer to the cookie scene.