Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars.
You can have Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars
- You need 1 cup of oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of Buckwheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 8 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar/ coconut sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 250 g of ripe strawberries diced.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 170 and line square baking tray.
- In a bowl mix flours, Ginger powder, salt, sugar and oats well.
- Add butter and mix until mixture is moistened and well coated.
- Add half of the mixture to pan and spread evenly, using a bowl, press on bottom.
- In another bowl, add strawberries. To this add lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar and mix well.
- Now spread strawberry mix evenly on top of the oats mix.
- Spread remaining reserved oats mix on top such that strawberry peeks out little from crumbs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until oats are well toasted and golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Slice and serve. You can always cover these bars with cling wrap and freeze upto 1 month. Alternatively vanilla sugar glaze can be added on top for additional taste..