Too Cute Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.
You can cook Too Cute Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Too Cute Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- You need 1 of 24 – 30 flat bottom ice cream cones.
- You need 1 box of of favorite cake mix.
- Prepare 2 of containers of icing.
- You need 1 of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or other decorations.
- Prepare 1 jar of of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1 of * see ingredient notes below*.
Too Cute Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes instructions
- First off, these were my favorite cupcakes as a kid & sadly I don't see too many people making them anymore. They are soooo cute, fun, easy to make and the little ones absolutely love them. I suggest "Joy" ice cream cones & "Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip SuperMoist Cake Mix" – the rainbow chips add to the cuteness. If you're icing by hand you may only need one container of icing – but if you're swirling it up with a piping / decorating bag you will need 2-3 containers of icing. Also – buy extra cones – plan on finding a few cracked or broken unusable cones..
- Preheat oven to 350 – remove second / middle oven rack if necessary..
- Prepare cake mix according to directions..
- Fill cones no more than 3/4 full. Over filling causes the cakemix to bake/spill over the sides – you want it to rise just a bit over the top of the cone. I like "Joy" cones because they have a line inside the cone – i pour the cake mix so it's about a 1/2" over that line..
- So it's time to bake them. I've heard people say they have a hard time getting these cuties into the oven without knocking them over. If you forsee that issue – you can put you're baking sheets/tray in the oven first, and then carefully put each conecake onto the baking sheet. Just make sure you use your bottom oven rack – and pull the middle rack out before heating the oven..
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick in center of cake comes out clean..
- Cool & frost. I suggest using a 1M tip & decorating piping bag..
- Drain cherries & blot off extra liquid with a paper towel. Put a cherry on top of each cupcake :).
- Last – but not least – throw lotsa cute rainbow sprinkles on tops..
- These are best when eaten the same day as they are made – the cone starts getting a bit chewy/leathery after a day. Transporting these cupcakes can be interesting, lol, they like to topple over. I remember a friends mom used a pizza box & cut small squares all over the box to fit the cones into. I use 6 – large / 2lb. white candy boxes & cut four squares in each box. Then you just gotta find a box or container that's wide enough & high enough to fit them in – you deff don't wanna topple or smash your super cute creations. Enjoy ❤.