You can have Burger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Burger Cookies
- Prepare 1 of pouch(1lb. 1.5oz.) sugar cookie mix.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of a.p flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 of Few drops of green food coloring.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vanilla frosting (I used the store bought kind).
- Prepare 16 of Chocolate covered Peppermint Patties ( I used mini York Peppermint Patties).
- It’s 1 of 4.25 oz. Red decorating icing (I used Betty Crocker).
- It’s 1 of 4.25oz. Yellow decorating icing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Burger Cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 375.
- In mixing bowl stir cookie mix, flower, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Shape into 30 to 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Right when they come out of the oven flatten half of them. Those will be the bottom bun. Cool completely.
- In small zip top bag place coconut and food coloring. Close bag. Mix all together until coconut is tinted green.
- In a small bowl mix honey and water..
- Now to make the cookies take one of the flattened cookies, spread a little bit of the vanilla frosting, then place 1 peppermint patty on the frosting, pipe a little red icing, then yellow, sprinkle a little coconut, top with rounded cookie. Next brush a little bit of honey mixture on and sprinkle with sesame seeds..