Double chocolate bear paw sugar cookies.
You can have Double chocolate bear paw sugar cookies using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double chocolate bear paw sugar cookies
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 14 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Double chocolate bear paw sugar cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper..
- In a large bowl, melt 10 tbsp of butter in the microwave. Cut the remaining 4 tbsp into 6-8 pieces and stir into the melted butter. Allow the butter to cool until it is only warm, not hot..
- While waiting on the butter to cool, in a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside..
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed or until smooth. Add the egg and mix another 30 seconds. (I do not condone letting your 4 year old use an electric mixer but little arms may get tired of hand mixing fast!).
- With mixer on slow, add flour and mix. Add chocolate chips..
- Roll the dough into balls using about 2-3 tbsp for each one. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass. They do not expand much, but leave an inch or so between cookies go be safe..
- Add 4 almond slivers to each cookie for the 'claws'. The kids love this part..
- Bake on middle shelf until the cookies are puffy and starting to crack. About 12-14 minutes. Do not overcook or your cookies will be dry!.