Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies.
You can cook Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies
- It’s 3/4 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar (packed).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Molasses.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of White Sugar (to tip dough balls into).
Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies instructions
- Thoroughly mix the shortening, brown sugar, egg, and molasses..
- Mix 1 cup of the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then, add the remaining flour and mix it in..
- Chill for at least 2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Roll dough into balls and dip into the white sugar, then place onto a cooking sheet with the sugar side up..
- Bake at 375 for 8:30..