You can cook S'mores Cookies using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of S'mores Cookies
- It’s 10 of graham cracker sheets.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 5 cup of mini marshmallows.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
S'mores Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Put graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground (they should be basically a powder so they blend in with the flour)..
- Combine ground graham crackers, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer, blend the 1/2 cup butter with both brown and granulated sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add egg and vanilla to sugar mixture. Slowly add dry ingredients and blend until well combined..
- Make small balls of dough (about 1-1.5 inches in diameter) and put on either greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flatten them slightly..
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes and allow them to cool..
- Set broiler to high..
- To make the marshmallows, I tried two different ways. The first is to arrange marshmallows on individual cookies, closely packed together and then to broil the cookies whole until the tops are browned. This method makes them turn out prettier, but is probably more tedious and and you have to make sure the broiler doesn't burn your cookies..
- The second way of making marshmallows is to generously butter a cookie sheet and closely pack individual marshmallows on it in a single layer. Broil the whole cookie sheet about 45 seconds until they start to turn brown. If your use this method, make sure you move onto the next step quickly (before the marshmallows cool and get harder and stickier)..
- Use a metal spatula to scoop the marshmallows from the cookie sheet to the cookies. You might have to lift the marshmallows with the spatula and put the cookies underneath and scoop up some marshmallows with your cookies..
- Microwave chocolate chips, 3 Tbsp butter, and water, stirring every 20 seconds or so. Do this until smooth..
- Put chocolate sauce in a plastic bag (one tip clipped off) or piping bag. Decorate cookies..
- Store in an air-tight container..