Sour cream sugar cookies. Sometimes you just need a cookie! More sour cream cookies: These have been so popular that I've added two more versions to the family! Looking for a soft, delicious, easy sugar cookie recipe?
I make these cookies for my family and our neighbors every Valentine's Day. The heart-shaped treats stay soft for at least a In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla. You can cook Sour cream sugar cookies using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour cream sugar cookies
- You need 1 3/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of (or 1 stick) softened butter.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sour cream.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Sour Cream Sugar Cookies – easy soft sugar cookie recipe that makes perfect frosted sugar cookies! No chilling, rolling, or cutting necessary! Sugar cookies are usually so pretty.
Sour cream sugar cookies step by step
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy..
- Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Beat in sour cream.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Sift in dry ingredients stirring only lightly until blended in, don't over stir..
- Divide dough and shape into two balls..
- Wrap ball in waxed paper and refrigerate over night..
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- On floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll one piece of dough to 1/8 inch thick. This is where I has some trouble with the recipe. I hadn't added enough flour in the mix and it was very sticky. I mixed in more flour and placed it in the freezer until it was easier to handle..
- With floured cookie cutters, cut as many cookies as you can. Reserve trimmings to reshape and reuse..
- Place cookies onto Cookie pan that Has been sprayed with pan baking spray with flour.
- Bake 8 minutes, transfer to rack to cool..
They are cut out in cute little shapes or frosted and decorated so that they look extra delicious. These Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies are one of my all time favorite treats! They have a delicious melt-in-your-mouth texture and a sweet satisfying flavor. They're made with that secret ingredient of sour cream, it gives them the perfect texture! The sour cream adds such a nice tangy flavor and keeps the cookies super moist and soft!