Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream.
You can cook Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 cup of shelled pistachio.
- You need 1 cup of milk*.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cane sugar*.
- You need 2 of eggs**.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream*.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pure almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cherries*, chopped.
Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream step by step
- Finely grind the pistachios and 1/4 cup of sugar into a fine powder using a food processor..
- Transfer the ground pistachios to a medium sauce pan. Mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, milk, and eggs. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixtuer coats the back of a metal spoon, about 10-20 min, do not let it boil..
- Strain custard into a medium sized bowl. Add cream and almond extract. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight..
- Stir chilled mixture and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. Add cherries when the mixture has started to freeze or according to your makers instructions..
- Pour ice cream into a freezer proof container, place a piece of wax paper over the top. Should be consmed within a week..
- *Preferably organic.
- **Preferably cage free, vegetarian fed.