Coconut Macaroon Chocolate Cream filled Sandwich Cookies.
You can cook Coconut Macaroon Chocolate Cream filled Sandwich Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroon Chocolate Cream filled Sandwich Cookies
- You need of FOR CHOCOLATE FILLING.
- Prepare 6 oz of chopped semi sweet chocolate.
- You need 2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 of RECIPE FOR COOKIES BELOW,.
- It’s 3 large of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 14 oz of shredded sweetented coconut.
Coconut Macaroon Chocolate Cream filled Sandwich Cookies step by step
- MAKE FILLING.
- Heat cream to a simmer, remove from heat add chocolate and whisk until smooth.Chill filling until very cold, at least 3 hours. This can be done ahead, but do not whip it until right before filling cookies as it sets a bit after whipping..
- MAKE COOKIES.
- Iine baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350..
- In a large bowl whisk egg whites, salt, sugar and vanilla, add coconut and mix well with a fork..
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto baking sheet and flatten into disk with fingers.Bake 15 to18 minutes until edges are golden. Cool in pans 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool competely.
- TO ASSEMLE COOKIES.
- With electric beaters beat chilled filling until soft peaks form, do not overbeat it should be a fluffy frosting consistency..
- Sandwich filling between two cookies..