Dandelion Shortbread Cookies. Shortbread is rather plain on its own, but it's also adaptable, and adding edible flowers is a lovely way to add a bit of excitement. Honey dandelion shortbread cookies Shortbread cookies for a spring or summer day! Dandelions are a fun and unique addition to cookies and are a perfect introduction for foraging.
That's right, Dandelions, like the flower. Dandelion flowers are indeed edible and are nutritious with vitamins and nutrients needed to. The only difference was the petals were not blown into the wind, and the mess remained on the kitchen counter. You can cook Dandelion Shortbread Cookies using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dandelion Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 c (2 sticks) of butter softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4-1 cup of dandelion petals (just yellow).
- You need 2 1/2 c of AP flour.
- It’s Splash of milk.
In a food processor, combine flour and sugar; mix briefly. As a child, I resisted even tasting shortbread cookies because they looked like boring cracker-cookies and were obviously lacking in the one thing that desserts must have: chocolate. Growing up with Scottish grandparents, shortbread featured heavily in our family celebrations—Christmas, mainly. Each aunt made a version of my grandmother's standard recipe, while my mother (a defiant non-Celt) makes a light whipped cookie with neon green and red cherry centres.
Dandelion Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix butter & sugar with a mixer until fluffy (about 3 min). Add dandelion petals & beat to incorporate. (Add as many or as little as you feel comfortable)..
- Gradually add flour, beat to incorporate. Add splash of milk, beat another minute if desired. Knead dough with hands to really mix. Now choose: 1.) Roll out dough & use a cookie cutter or 2.) Roll dough into a ball and dip in white sugar. *I did 2* Bake 20-25 minutes, until bottom is golden brown. Take out & let cool. Remember shortbread is not a sweet cookie, best served with milk, tea or coffee..
Not quite like my grandmother's,… Mix in all the dry ingredients, including the dandelion petals. Shortbread Cookies II "My fiancé and his dad ate a dozen within a day. I used cookie cutters and topped them with homemade icing and sprinkles. Rosemary Shortbread Cookies "Very nice, delicately flavored cookies." – CookinBug. Scottish Shortbread "Put them in a tin to age to perfection by Christmas.