Honey Maple Cookies. In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled).
These cookies needed something so I put on a maple glaze. They turned out better this way. View full nutritional breakdown of Susie's Honey Maple Cookies calories by ingredient. You can have Honey Maple Cookies using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Maple Cookies
- Prepare 1 stick of salted butter (softened and cubed).
- You need 1/3 Cup of Sugar or sugar substitute.
- Prepare 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Honey.
Submitted by: LIVE_TO_LOVE Introduction This is a wholesome chewy cookie that satisfies the sweet tooth, but isn't just empty calories–it's a great way to incorporate whole grains. Substitute a multi-grain mix for added nutrition and fiber. WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HEALTHY OATMEAL COOKIES. Honey: These oatmeal cookies are perfectly sweet with a little bit of honey.
Honey Maple Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together butter and sugar until it’s frosting consistency. You can use a mixer, but it’s better to use a spoon if working with sugar substitute like baking Splenda..
- Mix all other ingredients together until a dough forms. Knead the dough firmly to get all clumps out. Might need to lightly flour your hands and countertop to prevent the dough from making you sticky..
- Place dough in the fridge for twenty-thirty minutes so it firms up.
- Remove dough from the fridge, then form spheres onto a cookie sheet lines with parchment paper..
- Cook for 12 minutes then let cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
You can also substitute maple syrup if you'd rather. Coconut oil: Make sure the coconut oil is melted when preparing the oatmeal cookies. Add flour mixture and beat until just smooth. Do NOT overbeat or the cookies will be too soft. (Trust me.) Add chocolate chips. These treats are free of refined sugar.