Coconut Macaroons. Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
There was quite a bit of difference in texture and taste. This recipe was good, but not great. It was hard on the outside and chewy within. You can cook Coconut Macaroons using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- It’s 1/3 of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of dried coconut flakes.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 tsp of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
The taste did taste a lot like the sweetened condensed milk. Begin by combining the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Stiff peaks look like this when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
Coconut Macaroons instructions
- In the mixing bowl add flour, coconut flakes and salt. Mix and make a hole in the middle..
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract in the middle and stir..
- Add the water and continue stirring until even..
- Place a parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Use a tablespoon to make the shape and drop on the cookie sheet..
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes..
Add the egg whites to the coconut mixture and fold until combined. Start with a smaller amount of your liquid of choice, and add just enough for the dough to hold together. Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack. Remove the macaroons from pan when cool, and place in decorated boxes, or store in an airtight container for up to a week. My first time making coconut macaroons and these came out great.