Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. At first glance, these are just plain, average, run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookies. But take a bite, and what's this? Is that a second cookie stuffed inside?!
These Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are decadent treats with the best kind of surprise inside. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. You can cook Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter softened to room temperature (226g).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar (100g).
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar tightly packed (200g).
- It’s 2 of large eggs room temperature.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (5ml).
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour (380g).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips divided (255g).
- It’s 20 of Oreo Cookies divided.
Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a double delight! Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in large bowl using electrical mixer), cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well-combined.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until well-combined..
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips, reserve remaining 1/2 for later..
- Place 5 Oreo cookies in a small plastic bag and use a rolling pin or mallet to break into small pieces. Use a spatula to fold cookie bits into dough..
- Cover dough and chill in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes..
- Scoop 1 ½ Tbsp of dough, flatten between your palms, and place on top of one Oreo cookie. Wrap another 1 ½ Tbsp of dough around the bottom of the cookie and mold the dough around the cookie until it's completely covered (add more dough, if needed). Repeat with remaining Oreo cookies..
- Place dough on a wax paper lined plate and freeze for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375F (190C)..
- Once dough has chilled and oven is preheated, place dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spacing each cookie at least 2" apart, and bake on 375 for 11 minutes,.
- Within 2 minutes of removing cookies from oven, gently nestle remaining chocolate chips on top of each cookie..
- Allow to cool before serving..
We love the delightful combination of cookie dough and chocolate with its crisp, golden brown edges and soft, chewy middle. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of the Oreo. Press the edges of both sides until sealed together and cover the Oreo cookie. The cookies are soft, making them an amazing match for the crunchy oreo. These Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are double stuffed Oreo cookies sandwiched in between two chocolate chip cookies.