New York style Cheesecake. We Are the Largest Online Restaurant Supplier Serving Restaurants and Individuals. Find Deals on Ny Style Cheesecake in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. New York-style cheesecake is my husband Michael's favorite dessert.
Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips. New York Style Cheesecake is just a simple combo of basic graham cracker crust and smooth and silky cream cheese filling. It's a bit tangy but rich in texture thanks to addition of sour cream in filling. You can cook New York style Cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New York style Cheesecake
- You need of Crust.
- You need 100 g of crackers.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 57 g of melted butter.
- It’s of Cheese filling.
- You need 340 g of cream cheese.
- Prepare 10 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of large yolk.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice (optional).
- You need 2 g of vanilla extract (optional).
Some types of New York style cheesecakes use sour cream for topping, but I like to mix it into filling.. Here's the recipe for the New York-style cheesecake. New York-Style Cheesecake New York-Style Cheesecake. One major sign of a good New York cheesecake is the texture.
New York style Cheesecake step by step
- Crush the crackers in a food processor. Add in the sugar and salt and mix them..
- Melt the butter and add it into the food processor for everything to be well combined..
- Grease up the pan and cover the bottom and the sides with parchment paper..
- Pour in ur crush mixture and press it down into the pan using the bottom of a cup and smooth out the edges with the tip of a spoon.
- Set ur oven to prehead at 175°C.
- Grab a bowl, add in ur softened cream cheese and sugar. Cream the cheese and sugar mixture using an electric mixer..
- Pour the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well between each step and then add the ½yolk and mix.
- Scrape the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over ur crust and then tap the pan over the counter to get rid of bubbles.
- Back at 165° for an hour.
- After it's all cooled down, cover it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 24 hours to set completely before eating.
It's dense, rich and heavy which is why it's tough to have more than one slice! The reason why it's so rich is due to the amount of cream cheese used in the cheesecake. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the baked graham cracker crust. Now, let the cheesecake sit in the turned off oven until it is completely cooled down. The basic difference between a New York and regular cheesecake is in the difference in the amounts of actual cream cheese in the mixture.