Cookie Icing (Hardens). This icing recipe is the "Holy Grail" of icing. I have been searching for an icing recipe that allows me to bake cookies that look like they were purcha.. Icing That Hardens Recipes on Yummly
You can add sprinkles and sparkles. Once dried, these cookies can be stacked and stored or frozen and enjoyed later. It's the ideal texture for pouring in swirling designs over your soft sugar cookies or cut-out sugar cookies and hardens just enough to. You can cook Cookie Icing (Hardens) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cookie Icing (Hardens)
- It’s 6 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of skim milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 2 tsp of flavored extract.
- Prepare of Gel food coloring (optional).
It's like a sugar force field for cookies. They're also delicious and durable!) Sugar Cookie Icing That Hardens. Too few ratings. "I love this icing because it sets and hardens overnight creating a candy-like coat. Ice cookie and set aside for the icing to harden to a nice glaze.
Cookie Icing (Hardens) instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and milk using an electric mixer..
- Mix until smooth. Add milk as needed to create a smooth mixture, 1 Tbsp at a time..
- Add corn syrup and flavored extract. (If using Vanilla, I recommend the clear flavoring in order to get whiter icing or more on-point and vibrant colors).
- If adding food coloring, do so drop by drop until you get the desired coloring..
- Use: I dip completely cooled cookies in the icing 1/4-1/2 of the way in and then prop up using a roasting rack. Allow 12-24 hours to harden completely..
- Store: Put unused icing in sealed, airtight container and leave on the countertop. DO NOT REFRIGERATE!.
- Suggested Icing Flavors: Almond (my most popular), Vanilla, Coconut, Lemon, Mint, Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry, Rum..
- Pictured: Butter Wafer & Almond Icing, Chocolate Cookie & Strawberry Icing, Vanilla Wafer & Strawberry Icing.
- Pictured: Vanilla Wafer & Orange Icing, Lemon Butter Cookie & Almond Icing.
- Butter or Vanilla wafers provide the best base cookies..
It is so simple and hardens quickly so that you can stack the cookies. This sugar cookie icing recipe hardens without being crunchy. Does not include any egg whites or meringue powder. Is great when you want to make the cookies all one color, without much detailing. Tips for making sugar cookie icing.