Cinnamon dessert taco shells. Bake a batch up for a sweet treat taco bar, then let your creativity fly to make your own custom fillings. I will definitely be making these again! Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Tacos Adapted from One Ordinary Day.
If you prefer you can dip them in cinnamon sugar after frying (just like I did with my Apple Pie Tacos) or not dip them at all. The crumbs are yummy and taste great but they are a bit messy… The taco is such a beloved culinary treasure because it's kind of portable (see the walking taco), you can stuff just about anything inside of it and, as such, you can eat it at any time of the day. We have savory tacos, we have breakfast tacos and now, without further ado, we have dessert tacos — ones that go beyond the famous frozen Choco Taco that is the clear star of ice cream trucks. You can have Cinnamon dessert taco shells using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon dessert taco shells
- It’s of Tortilla shells.
- You need of Cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- It’s of Canola spray oil.
Serve with fruit or splurge with some ice cream! HOW TO PREPARE APPLE CHEESECAKE TACOS? Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. A great dessert idea to make this summer is Dessert Tacos!
Cinnamon dessert taco shells instructions
- Pre heat oven 400.
- Cut tortilla shells in half (can use smaller tortilla shells, I was using what I had on hand so I cut them in half) skip if using small tortilla shells..
- Spray tortilla shells with canola oil then add cinnamon and sugar all over flip over and repeat.
- Put in oven, bake until it bubbles up some… this will harden more as it cools. This should not take long 3-5 mins.
- Let them cool, make sure they keep the taco shape as they will harden more..
- This is what you don’t want! (sugar burns).
- Notes- I have seen people take small circle cookie cutters and cut out the tortilla shell I thought this was a waste of tortilla so I didn’t want to do it that way..
Most of all, they are fun to make and you can customize the flavors to your preference. Dress them up any which way you like because the flavor combinations are endless. I recently made Homemade Ice Cream Cones. These decadent dessert tacos are essentially like having your own, individual apple pie (but way easier to make and more fun to eat). We finished our tacos off with the Caramel Whipped Cream detailed below, but a scoop of your favorite.