Sunflower-Cherry Granola Bars ( Taste of Home ). Nutri-Grain Has a Variety of Breakfast Bars Made with Real Fruit! Taste of Home has the best granola bar recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. How to Make Our Favorite Gluten-Free Granola Bars Recipe Learn to make our go-to gluten-free granola bars in three simple steps.
Great recipe for Sunflower-Cherry Granola Bars ( Taste of Home ). I used honey instead of sugar/corn syrup and also used a bag of SunMaid mixed dried fruits. I didn't have almonds or coconut either BUT added my favorites – ground flax, chia seeds & sesame seeds. You can have Sunflower-Cherry Granola Bars ( Taste of Home ) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sunflower-Cherry Granola Bars ( Taste of Home )
- You need 4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced Almonds.
- It’s 1 cup of Flaked Coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Light Corn Syrup.
- You need 1 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of Dried Cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sunflower Kernals.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of EACH: Ground Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds & Sesame Seeds ( I always find ways to work these in! ).
Test Kitchen Tip: This is a great step for getting the kiddos involved. Use a bigger mixing bowl for less chance of mess. Granola's a popular treat with children, and this one couldn't be easier to prepare. I flavor it with lots of tasty good-for-you ingredients.
Sunflower-Cherry Granola Bars ( Taste of Home ) instructions
- Bread into an ungreased 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking pan. Bake at 400°F Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, spread almond and coconut into another ungreased 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted..
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until combined. Add the raisins, cherries, sunflower kernels, and toasted oats, almond and coconut..
- Using a metal spatula, press mixture into an ungreased 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking pan. Cool to room temperature. Cut into bars..
It's perfect to send in bag lunches or to serve after school. I've also used it as an "in-the-car" treat when we take family vacations.. Find granola recipes including healthy granola bars, chocolate granola, and more granola recipes. The Easy Granola Recipe That'll Save You a Trip to the Store Light, sweet and crunchy; get ready to add this easy granola recipe to your regular rotation. Chewy chocolate chip granola bars can be made at home to taste just like store-bought.