Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. I liked those kind of little pastries and was looking forward to having them at hand again. ✨ Honey cookies Makrout (or maamoul) with Medjool dates paste is one of the best-known honey cakes in the Orient, particularly in the Maghreb, where Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian each make their own way according to local tastes and customs. Отмена. Месяц бесплатно. Puff Pastry dough , plus many ideas for different puff pastry shapes.
Ingredients of Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries
- You need of for the dough….
- It’s 1/2 kg of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 2 can of heavy cream(170g each).
- It’s of for filling….
- Prepare 400 grams of date paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted melted butter.
- Prepare 1 of powder sugar for dusting.
They are an ancient Arab The simple outside and sweet, flavorful filling of the maamoul cookies is a reminder that there is a sweet reward at the end of a period. Ma'amoul is an ancient cookie filled with fruits and nuts such as dates, walnuts, and pistachios. A wide variety of maamoul date filled cookies options are available to you Usage Information. Photo "Maamoul – arabic homemade cookies filled with dates, pistachios and walnuts.
Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries step by step
- in a large bowl combine flour,heavy cream,butter and sugar untill dough is formed.cover set aside for 15 min.
- in another bowl your date paste in..add ground cinnamon and butter mix kneaded to combine out of it make a date ball in equal amount set aside..
- grab your dough measure equal amount formed like a ball but bit bigger than your date filling ball..flatten and get date ball fill your dough wrap it and roll in your palm and then get your ma'amoul molding press inside then tap to come out(if you dont have ma'amoul molding leave it as it is )line them in baking sheet bake 10 to 15 minute in a preaheated oven(350)untill light brown on the bottom.let it cool and roll in powdered sugar..
- served with coffee or tea!enjoy….
- the good thing is you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature even a week :).
Top view" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Making these little sculpted cakes is long and requires the use of special maamoul mold, usually wood or plastic spoons. These pastries can take many shapes as they differ by the impressions left by the molds. Recipe for maamoul, a nut-filled cookie-like pastry that is sweet, yet nutty. This maamoul recipe is not only easy but delicious!