Shortbread. It was a beautiful golden color and not too sweet-real shortbread. I wrapped the circle in red cellophane paper and gave it away as a Christmas gift. Vary the flavor of your shortbread with the following simple additions.
Other ingredients like ground rice or cornflour are sometimes added to alter the texture. Modern recipes also often deviate from the original by splitting the sugar into equal parts granulated and icing sugar and many add a portion of salt. Bake Ina Garten's chocolate-dipped Shortbread Cookies for the perfect bite with tea, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. You can cook Shortbread using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shortbread
- You need 8 oz of Butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 12 oz of Plain Flour.
The name comes from the fact that "short" was an old usage for the term "crumbly": because of the high-fat content, the biscuit's texture is indeed crumbly and crispy. Shortbread Cookies II "My fiancé and his dad ate a dozen within a day. I used cookie cutters and topped them with homemade icing and sprinkles. Rosemary Shortbread Cookies "Very nice, delicately flavored cookies." – CookinBug.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together.
- Add the plain flour and mix.
- Line 2 7 inch tins with greaseproof paper.
- Fill with the mixture and smoothwith the back with a metal spoon.
- Evenly stab all over with a fork.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- While still hot cut each tray into 8 equal pieces.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
Scottish Shortbread "Put them in a tin to age to perfection by Christmas. Sift together flour and salt in a small bowl. Discover delicious and easy to prepare shortbread cookie recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. This recipe also works as homemade Christmas presents, with chocolate chips or orange zest added the dough. Remove cling film, then lightly mark the shortbread all over with a fork.