Semi-Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake. This Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake combines sweet strawberry cake with rich, smooth cheesecake. Skip store-bought and make homemade strawberry shortcake instead. You'll be surprised how simple it is to make homemade biscuits and whipped Skip the store-bought and make strawberry shortcake completely from scratch.
Place your whole strawberries on the surface of the cake leaving about a ½" between each. Learn how to make a strawberry shortcake cheesecake for a fabulous dessert. I didn't make the cake from scratch. You can cook Semi-Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Semi-Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake
- Prepare 1 of prepackaged shortcake bread.
- It’s 1 2/3 packages of Strawberry filling.
- You need 1 packages of Cool whip.
- Prepare 2 packages of 8oz cream cheese; room temperature.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 packages of fresh strawberries.
For this cake I used a box of white cake mix. You can add fresh or frozen strawberries to the cake batter, or leave it out. The cake is flavored with strawberry gelatin. This strawberry shortcake cake is a lovely change from the traditional strawberry shortcake.
Semi-Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake instructions
- In a mixing bowl, cream together Cool whip, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix well until mixture is light and fluffy then set aside until step 3..
- On a large dish or sheet pan, distribute shortcake bread and add fresh strawberries and strawberry filling. Keep enough strawberry filling left out to drizzle over completed shortcakes..
- Add the cheesecake filling into the shortcakes and drizzle with strawberry filling. Once they're completed, dress them up with powdered sugar sprinkled over them and the plate; serve..
This Homemade Strawberry Shortcake features lightly sweetened biscuits topped with sweet, juicy strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Does anything scream summer more than homemade strawberry shortcake? Okay, maybe a few things do but this easy homemade dessert. Have your shortcake and eat your cheesecake, too! This strawberry-topped dessert has layers of both.