Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas). HOMEMADE SEMOLINA HALVA Halva is a sweet treat served in parts of Asia, Africa, Balkan countries (including Macedonia), some Europian countries and in the Jewish world. There are many types of halva and this is a recipe for semolina based halva and it's delicious. Halva Recipe – Greek Halvas – Semolina Pudding With Raisins and Nuts.
The Best Greek Semolina Dessert Recipes on Yummly Fairly uncomplicated to make and delicious to eat, Indian sooji ka halwa is a cooked semolina dessert that is a comfort food favorite. This recipe for sooji ka halwa ("made with semolina") is a popular version with many families because it is one of those simple but very satisfying desserts that hits the. You can cook Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas)
- You need 2 cups of Semolina.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Lemon Peel.
- Prepare 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
When the semolina has taken a golden brown colour, add the syrup to it (taking care not to burn your hands, as this bubbles and steams up excessively- be prepared!), turn down the heat and keep stirring until you get a kind of thick porridge. This Greek semolina sweet pudding recipe is easy to make and is the perfect dessert or sweet snack for any Greek table. Halva is one of those desserts that is an important part of Greek cuisine. It's especially popular during special occasions, but is light enough.
Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas) instructions
- To make this dessert you will need 2 sauce pots. In one add in the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick..
- In the other add the Olive Oil..
- Add water and teaspoon of cinnamon powder, sugar and boil at low heat..
- Add gradually the Semolina into the pot where the Olive Oil is heating at low heat. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until Semolina has turned golden brown. Very carefully start and very slowly start to pour the syrup into the Semolina. This tends to splatter when you pour the syrup into the Semolina so be careful..
- I like to use a bundt form but you can use whatever you like. In a baking pan add 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of Sugar. Transfer the mixture in the baking pan and let it cool..
- Turn over on a platter or a dish and top it off with more Cinnamon. 🙂 Kali Orexei!!! 🙂.
View top rated Greek semolina halva dessert sweet recipes with ratings and reviews. Semolina (Rava) Ladoo, Mediterranean semolina cake, Coconut Semolina Cake, etc. Greek semolina halvah by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. An authentic Greek soft cake halvah made out of semolina, with the rich aromas of cinnamon and cloves! In Greece, semolina halva is a family standard.