Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups, Filled with Ice Cream.
You can have Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups, Filled with Ice Cream using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups, Filled with Ice Cream
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, ( 1 stick ) at room temperature, ( no subsitute, for best tesults ).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shortening, such as crisco brand, ( no substitute for best results ).
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 of light brown sigar, packed.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mini semi- sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 10 of scoops of ice cream of choice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chocolate sprinkles.
- It’s of whipped cream.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups, Filled with Ice Cream step by step
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy, add egg and vanilla and beat in..
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt in medium bowl, whisk to combine..
- Add flour mixture to butter / sugar mixture and mix just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips..
- Divide dough into 10 balls. Place on parchment lined platter and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 to 3 hours..
- Have ready regular standard cupcake tins. Turn cupcake tins upside down. Cover every other cupcake tin bottom with foil liners, or cut foil to fit over bottom smoothly. Spray foil liners with non stick spray..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove balls of dough from refrigerator and roll two at a time between two sheets of parchment paper, to about 1/8 inch thick. Keep dough cold while rolling each group..
- Peel dough carefully from parchment paper and drape over foil coverered tin. With floured hands, to prevent sticking, mold dough onto tin, trim bottom and fill any cracks..
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick your dough was molded. They should be light golden brown..
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then very carefully run a small sharp knife to loosen. Remove and cool completely before carefully removing foil liners..
- *Note* The reason not to use all butter or subsitute margerine is that the dough will expand to much and spread off the cups. The shortening, butter combination is important. The other important step is to have the dough thoroughly chilled..
- Fill each cooled cup with a small scoop of ice cream, top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Or fill with any of your own creations!.
- I filled these with ice cream, but there are endless possibility's. Fill with fruit, yogurt, pudding, candy, nuts, moouses trail mix, or anything you can think of! Keep in mind if filling with wet ingredients to fill close to serving time as the cookies will soften if left to long..