S'mores Cookies. These S'mores Cookies are the perfect way to get your s'mores fix without a campfire. This post was originally published last year, but I wanted to update the photos. This irresistible stuffed cookie S'mores cookies are a delicious twist on your favorite campfire treat!
Ready for a campfire (real or pretend) near you. This summer treat is even better than the traditional s'mores and no. Yesterday was busy with swimming, BBQing, and relaxing. You can cook S'mores Cookies using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of S'mores Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter , soft at room temperature.
- You need 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar Powdered (or use regular powdered sugar) *adjust for sweetness.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Condensed Milk Yogurt / plain (egg substitute).
- You need 1 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Biscuits Cookies crushed Graham Crackers / Plain / *see note.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt (skip if using salted butter).
- You need of Marshmallows – chopped into tiny pieces.
- You need of Chocolate – chopped into tiny squares.
My Laundry Monday turned into Laundry Tuesday topped with an additional load of damp swimming towels. Combine the cookie dough, marshmallows, and graham crackers until evenly distributed. These s'mores cookies made with graham cracker cereal and instant pudding are topped with marshmallows and broiled briefly for a toasted effect. There are so many s'mores bars/cookie recipes out there, which are good, but I think I believe this cookie has just the right amount of proportion with it's ingredients.
S'mores Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C (If using convection, reduce to 160 or 150). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil..
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and crushed graham crackers, set aside..
- Cream together the butter with sugar for 2 minutes..
- Add the condensed milk (or yogurt) and vanilla and mix until combined..
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until your dough has come together to a soft ball..
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Roll into a neat ball. Place on the cookie sheet. Using your index, middle and ring fingers, gently flatten out the dough. If you want thicker cookies, don't flatten. You can make small or big cookies depending on how you like them. Place them at a distance of 1 inch from each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove, add some marshmallows and chocolate pieces on top of each cookie. Continue to bake for another 2-5 minutes..
- Remove. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy.
- If you want softer cookies, bake for a total of about 10-12 minutes. I like my cookies on the crunchier side so I baked for a total of 15 minutes..
- The baking time really depends on your oven and how you like your cookies. So keep an eye out on the cookies from the 10th minute onward..
- These cookies stay well at room temperature for 5-7 days..
- Preferably use Condensed milk for a better texture. Yogurt can make the cookie cups slightly softer. If you like the soft-cookie texture, you can use yogurt.
- Brown sugar gives a better taste. But any kind of powdered sugar is acceptable in the recipe.
- Using graham crackers gives an extra crunch to the cookie cups. If you cant find graham crackers, use any kind of crunchy biscuits / cookies / crackers you can find. Or skip it altogether..
If you like s'mores then please try. This S'mores Cookie recipe is so easy to make and the cookies are irresistible. Dark chocolate, toasted marshmallow and crispy biscuit pieces in a chewy. Most s'mores cookies around taste like a chocolate chip cookie with some crumbled up graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows thrown in. The marshmallows usually get weirdly melty.