Burger Cookies. Available for ordering online or at local retailers. Berger Cookies are a kind of cookie made and distributed by DeBaufre Bakeries. They are topped with a thick layer of chocolate fudge that derives from a German recipe.
Everyone needs to learn how to make burgers. They're perfect for parties and BBQs, summer grilling, or even simple dinners at home with the family. Baltimore's storied Berger cookies, a product of that city's DeBaufre Bakeries, are a close relation to New York City's Black and Whites (a.k.a. You can cook Burger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burger Cookies
- Prepare 1 of pouch(1lb. 1.5oz.) sugar cookie mix.
- You need 3 tbsp of a.p flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 of Few drops of green food coloring.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vanilla frosting (I used the store bought kind).
- You need 16 of Chocolate covered Peppermint Patties ( I used mini York Peppermint Patties).
- You need 1 of 4.25 oz. Red decorating icing (I used Betty Crocker).
- You need 1 of 4.25oz. Yellow decorating icing.
- It’s 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Half and Halfs or Half Moons). Berger's is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. Berger Cookies Shirt Baltimore Maryland Cookie T-Shirt. My family loves them and so do I.
Burger Cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 375.
- In mixing bowl stir cookie mix, flower, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Shape into 30 to 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Right when they come out of the oven flatten half of them. Those will be the bottom bun. Cool completely.
- In small zip top bag place coconut and food coloring. Close bag. Mix all together until coconut is tinted green.
- In a small bowl mix honey and water..
- Now to make the cookies take one of the flattened cookies, spread a little bit of the vanilla frosting, then place 1 peppermint patty on the frosting, pipe a little red icing, then yellow, sprinkle a little coconut, top with rounded cookie. Next brush a little bit of honey mixture on and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
They are always fresh and the. How To! are y'all ready to meet the DIY cookie burger? this recipe is INSANE and i'm in love with it! it's actually one of the most. Make sugar cookies following the instructions from your chosen recipe, then cut into burger and speech bubble shapes. Bake and leave to cool completely before decorating. Legendary in Baltimore, Berger cookies are a regional treat that is known for its rich chocolate icing and cakey texture.