Classic Shortbread Cookies. Shortbread is a great cookie-jar cookie, in that it keeps well at room temperature for several days. Shortbread is one of the first things I remember. The dough is easy to make using five simple ingredients.
A simple, perfect approach to a beloved Scottish tradition that's a perfect Christmas. It's so easy you will never purchase another plaid tin box. Shortbread Cookies are delicious plain, but they are also very good when the ends of the cookies are dipped in melted chocolate. You can have Classic Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Shortbread Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
This shortbread is often called "Royal Shortbread". These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect holiday bites. This is a list of shortbread biscuits and cookies. Easy to prepare and delicious for any occasion.
Classic Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Start by getting out 2 bowls. Medium size..
- In the first bowl , cream the butter.
- In the same bowl mix in vanilla until well blended..
- In the second bowl mix together the flour and icing sugar..
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix bowl ..
- Once mixed all together, the roll out onto floured surface with floured rolling pin ( 1/4 inch thick ) then cut into small circles ( about the size of the interior of a shot glass ) or cut with your favorite cookie cutter..
- Place the cut out cookies on baking pans and place in freezer to chill for at least 2 hours. You can even leave in overnight..
- Once chilled then heat up oven to 300°f – 325°f.
- Place cookies on Un-greased cookie sheets and bake for 15-18 mins or until bottoms are golden brown..
- Remove and let cool completely on baking sheet then add icing, chocolate, sprinkles, or whatever you love to decorate with ..
- Enjoy !!.
These were my Step-dad's favorite cookies. Easy Shortbread Cookies Recipe is delicious and easy to make dessert, snack and traditional Christmas treat. These tried-and-true Scottish cookies couldn't be easier! Shortbread cookies are a rather dignified affair, often paired with tea and leaning towards savory with their light sweetness and flavors like lemon and rosemary. These cookies are quite humble, however.