Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies. When storing these (and other cookies) store a piece of bread with them to keep them moist, otherwise they dry This is my favorite cookie recipe I have found on this site. The spice is just right not too subtle not too strong. Favorite cookies are chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies.
I packed these cookies will all my favorite spices but feel free to use what you have in the pantry and skip a few if you're in a rush; they'll still be delicious! Rich, chewy, flavorful … and best of all, when they're baking, they fill the kitchen with the scent of—are you ready?—apple cider! I have made these cookies several times and they are a favorite of EVERYONE. You can cook Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies
- You need 3/4 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Molasses.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of White Sugar (to tip dough balls into).
They're perfectly soft and chewy, easy to make, and completely irresistible. It seems a bold move to declare an all-time favorite cookie. Our whole family is quite smitten with these, and I'm. Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and also paleo too!
Dad's Favorite Molasses Cookies instructions
- Thoroughly mix the shortening, brown sugar, egg, and molasses..
- Mix 1 cup of the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then, add the remaining flour and mix it in..
- Chill for at least 2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Roll dough into balls and dip into the white sugar, then place onto a cooking sheet with the sugar side up..
- Bake at 375 for 8:30..
If you enjoy a reasonably whole foods diet most of the time. Out of all of the seasonal winter flavors, gingerbread is my favorite. One of my favorite things in India, were the roadside Chai stands. Chocolate is used three times- cocoa powder and both chocolate chips and chocolate chunks are used, making these perfect for chocolate lovers. They are delicious and always come out great.