S'mores Cookies. These S'mores Cookies are the perfect way to get your s'mores fix without a campfire. This post was originally published last year, but I wanted to update the photos. Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow S'mores Cookies!
This irresistible stuffed cookie S'mores cookies are a delicious twist on your favorite campfire treat! This summer treat is even better than the traditional s'mores and no. Yesterday was busy with swimming, BBQing, and relaxing. You can have S'mores Cookies using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of S'mores Cookies
- It’s 10 of graham cracker sheets.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 5 cup of mini marshmallows.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
My Laundry Monday turned into Laundry Tuesday topped with an additional load of damp swimming towels. There are so many s'mores bars/cookie recipes out there, which are good, but I think I believe this cookie has just the right amount of proportion with it's ingredients. If you like s'mores then please try. Most s'mores cookies around taste like a chocolate chip cookie with some crumbled up graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows thrown in.
S'mores Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Put graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground (they should be basically a powder so they blend in with the flour)..
- Combine ground graham crackers, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer, blend the 1/2 cup butter with both brown and granulated sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add egg and vanilla to sugar mixture. Slowly add dry ingredients and blend until well combined..
- Make small balls of dough (about 1-1.5 inches in diameter) and put on either greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flatten them slightly..
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes and allow them to cool..
- Set broiler to high..
- To make the marshmallows, I tried two different ways. The first is to arrange marshmallows on individual cookies, closely packed together and then to broil the cookies whole until the tops are browned. This method makes them turn out prettier, but is probably more tedious and and you have to make sure the broiler doesn't burn your cookies..
- The second way of making marshmallows is to generously butter a cookie sheet and closely pack individual marshmallows on it in a single layer. Broil the whole cookie sheet about 45 seconds until they start to turn brown. If your use this method, make sure you move onto the next step quickly (before the marshmallows cool and get harder and stickier)..
- Use a metal spatula to scoop the marshmallows from the cookie sheet to the cookies. You might have to lift the marshmallows with the spatula and put the cookies underneath and scoop up some marshmallows with your cookies..
- Microwave chocolate chips, 3 Tbsp butter, and water, stirring every 20 seconds or so. Do this until smooth..
- Put chocolate sauce in a plastic bag (one tip clipped off) or piping bag. Decorate cookies..
- Store in an air-tight container..
The marshmallows usually get weirdly melty. This S'mores Cookie recipe is so easy to make and the cookies are irresistible. Dark chocolate, toasted marshmallow and crispy biscuit pieces in a chewy. These S'mores Cookies are my husbands FAVORITE COOKIE that will leaving you wanting s'more!!! I originally made this S'more Cookie recipe years ago because Patrick loves s'mores so much.