S'mores Cookie Bars. Soft & chewy graham cracker cookie bars with chocolate and marshmallow swirls. If I could live off of one food for the rest of my life, it would be a s'more. And if they can, their tastebuds must not be working properly.
To make adding the top layer of cookie dough easier, first shape the dough into a square on a piece of parchment paper. Then gently flip the parchment paper over the baking dish so the graham cracker cookie dough lays evenly over the marshmallow creme. Graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow topping, and milk chocolate chips baked into a bar is a fun twist on this iconic graham cracker dessert. You can cook S'mores Cookie Bars using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of S'mores Cookie Bars
- It’s 1/2 of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 of of finely crushed graham crakers.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of chocolate chips.
- You need 2/3 of of mini marshmellows.
Soft, chewy, and slightly crunchy graham cracker cookie bars with a marshmallow swirl and semi-sweet chocolate chips. If I could only eat one dessert for the rest of my life… These S'mores Cookie Bars are so much easier than making individual cookies and they have perfect flavours for summer baking enjoyment. Makes a large pan, so great for picnics, BBQs or bake sales, too. I don't do as much baking in the warmer months, but there's always room for a little bit.
S'mores Cookie Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a glass baking pan and line with parchment paper..
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl until thick paste is created..
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Combine all ingredients within the bowl..
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and graham crackers and lightly mix together..
- Then in three small batches combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until both are incorporated and create a sort of cookie dough..
- Take 3/4 of the cookie dough and line the bottom of the pan with it. Then sprinkle with the marshmallows followed by the chocolate chips. Spread the remaining cookie dough evenly over the toppings and press lightly to seal all of the ingredients together..
- Bake for 20 minuets and set aside to cool before cutting..
This s'mores bar recipe is as easy as unwrapping a few pre-made convenience items, pressing them into a pan, and baking. Pour half of the cookie dough into the baking dish, top with a layer of chocolate, then spoon on marshmallow crème, using the back of a silicone spatula or a spoon to spread on an even layer. Graham Cracker, Hershey's Chocolate and marshmallow wrapped up neatly in a bar. I made s'mores cookies, guess what happens to the marshmallows when you put them in the dough? The get all melty and run, and make an ugly cookie.