S'mores Granola Bars. KIND® snack bars – made with real ingredients like whole nuts, whole grains & whole fruit. My kids love granola bars, and the s'mores granola bars are their favorite flavor (mine, too). These granola bars, though, are more dessert than snack.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, Graham Cracker crumbs, dried coconut, ground cinnamon, and salt. Due to high demand, delivery may take. These Homemade S'mores Granola Bars are a great snack idea for the kids. You can cook S'mores Granola Bars using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of S'mores Granola Bars
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of oats.
- You need 1 cup of crisp rice cereal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped graham cracker pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows + an additional handful.
- You need 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
They are easily made and require no baking with marshmallows, chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers. S'mores week continues with a sweet snack. S'mores granola bars are easy, no-bake and perfect for summer snacking. I used my favorite granola bar base and added marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker.
S'mores Granola Bars step by step
- Optional first step : Spread out the oats in a baking sheet and bake them in the oven at 350°F for 10 or so minutes until they are golden and toasted. Keep a close eye on them though, as they can burn quickly. Toasting the oats beforehand just adds a nice flavor to the finished bars, so this step is optional..
- Line a 8×8"or a 9×9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to easily lift the finished bars out and set aside..
- Place the oats, rice cereal, ground flaxseed and about a handful of mini marshmallows into a large bowl and set it aside..
- In a medium saucepan, start heating your butter over medium heat. Once it begins to melt, whisk in the honey and pinch of salt. This will form a kind of sticky caramel sauce, which will be the glue that holds the bars together. Let this come to simmer, then remove from heat..
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the bowl and stir them all together using a rubber spatula. The marshmallows that are in the bowl will melt. Once everything is incorporated, allow this to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Then fold in the rest of the marshmallows, the Graham cracker pieces and the chocolate chips..
- Pour this mix into the prepared baking pan and use either a spatula or another pan or your hands to press down on the granola mixture very firmly. Whatever you're using to press down the granola, spray it first with non-stick cooking spray. Its important to really pack it down hard or you'll end up with crumbly granola chunks instead of bars..
- Place the pan into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Then, remove the granola from the pan using the parchment paper. Use a large, sharp knife to cut it into bars (or squares)..
- That's it! For grab and go convenience, you can individually wrap these using parchment paper and string or you can wrap them in plastic wrap. Store them for up to 1 week. They're a bit hard and crunchy straight out of the fridge, so I'd recommend letting them sit out at room temperature for a few minutes before eating..
Crunchy, sweet and full of s'mores flavor, they come together in little time and can be shared with the entire family. These homemade s'mores chewy granola bars are portable, easy to make, and there's even a no-bake option. To make them vegan, just be sure to use vegan chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. I made my mini marshmallows even smaller (mini mini marshmallows!) by cutting them up with scissors to more closely resemble the size of ones in Quaker. This s'mores bar recipe is a great hiking snack.