Lemon cheese cake. Stock Up Today On Your Favorite Wine. Taste of Home has the best lemon cheesecake recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. This creamy lemon cheesecake has a lovely soft texture and cuts nicely.
When I serve this cheesecake, before cutting it, I like to pipe dollops of curd on top that I then smash-n-drag (technical term) with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to create the flower. It reminds me of the lemon cheesecake I used to always get at The Cheesecake Factory until the discontinued it. I made only minor changes to the recipe: I added the zest of one lemon, used crushed Nilla Wafers for the crust instead of graham crackers because I prefer the flavor, and I used two eggs instead of the egg substitute. You can cook Lemon cheese cake using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon cheese cake
- It’s 125 grams of digestive biscuits (crushed).
- Prepare 75 grams of butter.
- It’s 300 grams of soft cheese (philadelphia or similar).
- You need 60 grams of icing suger.
- Prepare 1 of juice of one lemon.
- You need 250 grams of double cream (small pot).
And what an exceptional lemon cheesecake recipe this is! It's become one of the most popular recipes on The Unlikely Baker and for good reason – it has the perfect texture, consistency and flavour to please the most discriminating of lemon lovers. And it's easy to bake too. We are the UK's number one food brand.
Lemon cheese cake instructions
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the crushed digestives to the butter and mix well in till all the crumbs are coated.
- Put the mixture into a round baking tin (preferably a tin with a loose bottom) and press down with a spoon.
- Put the mixture into the fridge to set.
- Mix the soft cheese then add the icing sugar and mix agian.
- Add the lemon juice and mix again.
- Whip the cream in till softly stiff (it should look like the same consistency of the soft cheese).
- Mix in the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and push out to the edges.
- Put the cheese cake back into the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours (but for best results chill over night).
- To serve sprinkle with fruit or chocolate or just leave it pure. (You can even use the zest of the lemon).
- If you can't find any digestive biscuits or just fancy a different base there are other alternitves like, hobnobs, Ginger nut biscuits, gram crackers, Crushed shortbread or any oaty biscuits and for something a little bit more different use crushed Oreos (dark or white).
Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Step by Step. Stir boiling water into Lemon Jello, stirring until it's dissolved. Pour chilled evaporated milk into bowl and beat until fluffy. Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.