Biscotti with figs and anise. These anise biscotti are great even without the second baking. Once you remove the loaves from the oven, allow to cool slightly before slicing. Plain Biscotti (vanilla flavored) Anise-Almond Biscotti Chocolate Biscotti Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti Cranberry-White Chocolate I first tried biscotti with a recipe from your site (chocolate-pistachio) and fell in love with it.
Fig and Anise Biscotti – Garlic Girl. Sometimes joy can be found in the most unexpected places. These almond anise biscotti are bursting with toasted almonds and subtle anise flavor. You can cook Biscotti with figs and anise using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscotti with figs and anise
- It’s 260 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 115 g of unsalted butter (at room temperature).
- It’s 1 of little salt.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s of zest of one orange.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of anise (ground together with a little flour).
- You need 200 g of dried figs cut into small pieces (after you boil them first for 5 minutes over moderate heat so that they soften).
They are ideal for dunking in a cup of coffee or tea. The longer you bake the biscotti the second time, the harder they are. Tips for Making Almond Anise Biscotti. Aniseed is the seed of the anise plant, which is a member of the parsley family.
Biscotti with figs and anise instructions
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, the salt and the anise in a large bowl..
- Cream the butter with the sugar in the mixer. Add the eggs and the orange zest and then add the flour mixture little by little..
- Finally add the figs and fold in with a spatula so that all the ingredients are well combined..
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and with wet hands (because the dough is sticky) form the dough into a roll of about 30 cm long..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes so you can cut it with a knife into diagonal thin slices 1 cm thick which you place back into the baking tray. Bake for an additional 20 minutes (10 minutes per side)..
Used whole or ground, aniseed has a sweet aroma and taste Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla, anise extract and aniseed and beat until blended. End-to-End instructional video for making Easy and Delicious Anise Biscotti. Check out my other videos to makeEasy and Delicious Chocolate Almond Biscotti. This is my new favorite combination, fig and pistachio with a hint of orange and anise.