Orange Kesari(sweet orange dessert). Kesari is a South Indian sweet made with semolina, sugar, ghee and saffron. A North Indian variation of this kesari is the Suji hawla which is made without kesar/ saffron. It is also known as sheera in some parts of Karnataka and Andhra.
Because I made a bowl of orange rava kesari where the winter fruit orange tastes exceptionally good. The traditional rava kesari all by itself has the most delectable taste and orange enriches it to the max. So the glossy orange colored rava kesari with lots of nuts and ghee makes your lunch a kind of feast. You can cook Orange Kesari(sweet orange dessert) using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Kesari(sweet orange dessert)
- It’s 100 grams of fine semolina/sooji/rava.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoon of fine sugar.
- You need of Juice of one large orange(preferably sweet).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of clarified butter/ ghee.
- You need 3-4 of cashews roughly chopped.
- It’s 7-8 of golden raisins.
Orange Kesari Recipe – Indian style semolina pudding or dessert using semolina, fresh orange juice, cardamom and nuts. Orange rava kesari is a new and innovative variation of making the traditional Indian semolina pudding. Rava kesari is also known as sooji ka halwa and kesari bhath. It is usually cooked with water but I have added freshly squeezed orange juice to.
Orange Kesari(sweet orange dessert) step by step
- Melt 3 tablespoon ghee in a wok.
- Sauté the cashews until light brown and then take them off and place in a bowl.
- Sauté the raisins next until they puff up. Place them with the fried cashews.
- Now add the semolina in the wok and sauté until light brown on Low heat.
- Once done, take off heat and place the semolina on a plate.
- Add the juice of orange and water in the wok and let it come to a roaring boil.
- Add the semolina to the orange juice and keep mixing.
- Reduce heat and let the mixture come together to form a Kesari/halwa consistency.
- Once done, add the remaining ghee.
- Keeping 1 teaspoon of cashews aside add the remaining cashews and raisins to the Kesari.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Transfer the Kesari to serving bowls and serve immediately garnished with the reserved cashews.
Orange rava kesari is a quick dessert is similar to other fruit kesari prepared but with a unique taste and flavor of citrus fruit. I had two oranges lying in fridge for few days and wanted to try a recipe using it, then I remembered pineapple sheera recipe so thought of trying the same using orange. This easy orange dessert recipes is served has a subtle cardamon syrup that will Best orange dessert recipe. Pineapple sheera is a sweet and tangy dessert made using semolina ,chunky pineapple pieces and generous amount of ghee. Firstly pineapple compote is prepared and then used in.