Brown Bread & Honey Ice Cream. Bread, Bagel, Brownies, Pita, Rolls, & More. The Perfect Tea Accessories is Waiting For You! Brown bread is dense, so you don't need too much to get filled up.
In some regions of the US, the bread is simply. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. This is my mother-in-laws famous brown bread recipe. You can cook Brown Bread & Honey Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Bread & Honey Ice Cream
- Prepare of breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 1/2 cup of freshly made brown breadcrumbs (about one small loaf, crusts removed).
- It’s 3 tbsp of clear honey.
- You need of ice cream.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of heavy (double) cream.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of clear honey (at room temperature).
We find these rolls at every family gathering! I reach for this recipe over and over again when we are craving bread for it has so few ingredients and so easy to make. My kids make a meal out of it in the mornings especially when they get to slather their own homemade strawberry jam over the top! Place can in a deep pot with a tight-fitting lid (foil may also be used) and add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the can.
Brown Bread & Honey Ice Cream instructions
- Chill everything, except the breadcrumbs and honey…this includes the condensed milk, cream, but also the bowl you will whisk the cream in, the tub you will freeze the ice cream in, even the whisk, if you want!.
- Heat oven to 190 C..
- Mix the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the 3 tbsp honey, getting it all well mixed. Don't worry if they clump a little as you can separate them after cooking. I used a butter knife to mix, as this prevents large scale clumping..
- Spread the breadcrumbs out evenly on a baking tray..
- Put the breadcrumbs in the oven and get them browned and crispy. Turn them around every few minutes. This could take 10-20 minutes, the important thing is to keep checking and moving them..
- Cool the breadcrumbs. Crumble any clumpy bits..
- Whisk the cream until it's very thick..
- Fold in the condensed milk, honey and most of the breadcrumbs (reserve some for sprinkling) using a metal spoon..
- Pour the mixture into the tub you are using, place a layer of plastic wrap over the top, pressed gently over the surface of the ice cream. Put the lid on..
- Freeze for at least four hours, but it's fine to make it in the morning to eat in the evening. This ice cream is best eaten on the day or within two days of being made, to enjoy the texture..
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving to thaw slightly..
- Serve with extra drizzles of honey and a sprinkle of crunchy breadcrumbs..
Mix together the warm coffee and brown sugar in a small pitcher. Mix in the yeast and set aside for a couple minutes to bloom. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the bread flour, whole. Mix all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over oats.