Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt. Want to know the secret to our great taste? Velvety, whole milk noosa is the door to yum. Find Out How To Make Ice Cream Cake.
I don't want to eat uncooked eggs since I'm afraid of salmonella poisoning, so I came up with a recipe for an egg-free frozen cake. Top the trifles with a swirl of whipped topping, a lemon slice and a few more berries. Stir in the sour cream or yogurt and then the rest of the flour, stirring just until combined. You can cook Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt
- Prepare 130 grams of in total Your choice of berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. You can use either just one type or a blend).
- Prepare 200 grams of after straining Strained yogurt (strain the yogurt overnight).
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream (whipped with 1 tablespoon of sugar).
- It’s 60 ml of Milk (low fat).
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Strawberry or raspberry jam or sauce (I used homemade strawberry sauce).
- It’s 1 of few drops Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 60 grams of Chopped orange or lemon peel.
- Prepare 1 of for the base of the cake Your choice of cake, such as sponge fingers, sliced sponge cake, or pound cake.
Berries & Chocolate Sauce for Ice Cream.. I lightened up this quick and easy dessert by making a few substitutions. Yogurt, cream, brown sugar and fresh fruit are all you need to wake up your. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt instructions
- Lightly grease the loaf pan with vegetable oil (not listed in the ingredients), and snugly line with plastic wrap. Use a large enough sheet of plastic wrap to allowing for ample margin..
- Put the strained yogurt, jam, and sugar in a bowl, and mix with a whisk. Add the milk, and mix..
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then add to the bowl. Mix with a whisk. Add the lemon juice, citrus peel, and vanilla essence..
- While setting aside a few berries for decoration, add the rest to the bowl, and fold lightly with a rubber spatula..
- Sprinkle the berries for decoration on the bottom of the loaf pan, then pour the mixture over them. Drop the pan several times on a hard surface to release any trapped air..
- Line the sponge fingers on top, and press gently. Cover the cake entirely with the plastic wrap lined in the pan. Chill in the freezer overnight to harden..
- Set the pan over a hot water bath for a few seconds. Take out the cake wrapped in the plastic wrap from the pan..
- Remove the plastic wrap. Warm up a knife, and slice the cake by holding the knife with both hands and press firmly to cut through..
- Do not serve the cake straight out of the freezer, since it will be too hard to cut. Leave the cake at room temperature for 2-3 minutes, then serve when the surface of the cake is slightly soft and you can easily poke a fork through it..
Place granola bars into food processor or blender and blend until finely crumbled. Maceration involves using sugar to draw berry juices to the surface, giving them a sweeter, more intense flavor. To make macerated berries, wash the fruit well, remove any stems, and chop roughly if desired. In a large bowl, whisk cream of coconut and lemon juice until combined. Stir in softened ice cream until smooth.