Bar one fridge cheesecake. This fridge cheesecake is made of Bar-One, on the list of South Africa's most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat and cocoa goodness. You must be logged in to post a review. This is my all-time favorite cheesecake, but be warned – it is rich.
Since Ramadaan ended it feels as though my time has just escaped me. Well it's that in combination with the flu and a frantic workload. This fridge cheesecake is made of Bar-One, on the list of South Africa's most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat and cocoa goodness. You can have Bar one fridge cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bar one fridge cheesecake
- It’s 250 g of chocolate coated digestive biscuits.
- It’s 150 g of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 20 g of extra butter.
- It’s 300 ml of cream.
- Prepare 50 g of milk chocolate(chopped finely).
- Prepare 60 ml of water.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of gelatine.
- Prepare 500 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 110 g of castor sugar.
- You need 120 g of Bar One (chopped finely).
Serving the Cheesecake Take a sharp knife and slide it around the edge of the cake tin to loosen the cheesecake. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until needed. Use a knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the springform pan, then remove the rim. Using a clean sharp knife, cut into slices for serving.
Bar one fridge cheesecake instructions
- Blend biscuits into breadcrumbs and add butter to combine. Press the biscuit mixture into a 20cm tin(bottom and sides or just the bottom). Cover and refrigerate till firm..
- Combine brown sugar with the 20g extra butter and 2tbs cream in a small saucepan, heat on low until sugar dissolves to make butterscotch sauce..
- Combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cream in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate melts to make chocolate sauce..
- Sprinkle gelatine over water on a small bowl over simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5minutes..
- Beat cheese and castor sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Beat remaining cream in another bowl until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine into cheese mixture and add in the Bar-one. Fold in the cream.
- Pour half cheese mixture into prepared tin and drizzle half butterscotch and half chocolate sauce over cheese mixture. Repeat the process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours or until set but it is best to make it the day before….
For neat slices, wipe the knife clean between each slice. Serve cheesecake with desired toppings (see note). This baked cheesecake with Bar One topping is a doubly decadent dessert, creamy and delicious. The Tennis Biscuit base is topped with a creamy cheesecake and delicately drizzled with Bar One – one of South Africa's most loved chocolate bars. This fridge cheesecake is made of Bar-One, on the list of South Africa's most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat and cocoa goodness.