Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars. We add Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make our Lemon Squares extra creamy. They're quick to make – the perfect blend of a chewy lemon cookie with creamy sweet filling. You mix just a few ingredients with a package of lemon cake mix and then press a portion of this into a baking pan.
Spread cream cheese filling in pan over cookie dough. Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are a true family favorite. My mom made these for years when we were growing up and we all loved them. You can have Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
- You need 1 box of lemon cake mix (any will do!).
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs ( one for crumble mixture,one for cream cheese mix.).
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon peel.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 pkg (8 oz) of softened room temp cream cheese.
The luscious, creamy bar cookies took center stage at every family reunion, every picnic, and every weekend lake trip and they were always the first thing to be devoured. Pour the cream cheese lemon mixture over the hot baked crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over lemon cheese layer. These easy lemon bars have a sweet sugar cookie crust topped with a tangy lemon cheesecake filling and then topped with more sugar cookie crumble.
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Mix box of cake mix,1 egg and the cup of oil. Blend until crumbly, there will be many soft clumps and that's great!.
- Save one cup of the mix as this will be used for the crumb topping..
- Pat remaining mixture into a 13 x 9 in. baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.In separate bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice..
- Beat until smooth and fluffy..
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumble mixture over the top of cream cheese layer.Bake 15 minutes longer or until crumb topping is just beginning to brown..
- Allow to cool completely, cut into bars, enjoy..
The perfect balance of sweet and tangy. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Lemon cream cheese bars: Decadent lemon whipped cream cheese baked between layers of a special ingredient with a delicious streusel lemon topping.