My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart. Lemon tart is one of my favorite desserts. I MADE THIS LEMON TART TODAY, and can tell you it looks, tastes and smells like a gorgeous spring day. This traditional French Lemon Tart/ Tarte Au Citron recipe is one of my favorite tangy desserts!
You'll be rewarded with powerful, puckery flavors and. The lemon peel gives the tart a kick, but if you don't want it in your tart, add the peel and strain it out. I served mixed berries and fresh cream on the side. You can cook My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart
- It’s of Dough (8-10 7cm tart shells).
- You need 130 g of cake flour.
- You need 20 g of almond flour.
- You need 65 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- Prepare 1 g of salt.
- You need 50 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 25 g of whole egg liquid.
- It’s of Brushing.
- Prepare 20 g of egg wash (two parts whole egg liquid + one part water).
- It’s of Lemon custard filling.
- Prepare 100 g of lemon juice.
- You need 100 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
This will be in my favorites file to bake for guests and family. Dymnyno gave the tart her own touch — a Meyer lemon — which lends it fragrance and finesse and none of the intrusive acidity found in regular lemons. One catch: you'll need to use your own tart dough. If you don't have a favorite, we recommend the Joy of Cooking's sweet pastry dough.
My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart step by step
- Combine diced cold butter and icing sugar. Cut butter into small pieces and mix with icing sugar until butter coated with icing sugar..
- Add cake flour and almond flour, salt. Use fingertips mix flour and butter, then add egg liquid, combine all ingredients, use spatula or hand to mix till dough formed..
- Roll the dough out about 0.3cm thick. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Then cut into round dough (diameter 10cm).
- Place onto tart ring (7cm), trim the excess dough..
- Prick the base of the pastry case with fork. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C, bake for 16 minutes, remove from oven, brush egg wash onto tart shells,, back to oven bake for 5 minutes..
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest (leave some for garnish), egg in a sauce pan. Use double cooked method to cook the mixture, keep stirring till the mixture temperature reach 80 degree C, remove sauce pan from stove. Add cold diced butter and stir till well-mixed. Pour in pastry bag, then fill the tart shells with filling..
- Garnish with lemon zest. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before enjoy it!.
The perfect quick dessert for any party or any time a lemon craving hits. Lemon tarts are one of my favorite things, along with lemon bars, lemon pie, shortbread lemon tarts, lemon limoncello cupcakes, and. Gluten free lemon tart is a smooth and creamy, sweet lemon dessert. Lemons are in season and they are one of my favorite fruits to bake with. This homemade fresh lemon tart is just bursting with lemon flavor.