Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling. These little sandwich cookies start with an easy chocolate dough that's rolled into a cylinder, chilled, and cut into coins. They make a fine addition to a. Enjoy all the flavors of chocolate-peppermint bark in cookie form!
And in combination with the peppermint cream they are a delicious and decadent after dinner treat, better than the Peppermint Pattie in my opinion. Refreshing mint filling sandwiched between two chocolate cookies makes for some tasty Noel nibbling. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. You can cook Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling
- It’s of FOR CHOCOLATE COOKIES.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsalted butter,at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips,I used holiday colored ones.
- You need of FOR PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 4 oz of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of heavy cream, or any cream you have.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.
For added depth (since cocoa sometimes lacks that deep chocolate. Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwich Cookies Recipe slightly adapted from Cook's Country. Have you ever tried using peppermint ice cream and then freezing them for a yummy cookie ice cream sandwich? Gather, press into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate while you prepare the cookies.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- MAKE COOKIES.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside..
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and mix in well but don't over mix dough is thick.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes until just set, This is very important, do NOT over bake or they will become crunchy not chewy when cool. Cool in pan 5 minutes than transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
- MAKE PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- Beat utter, confectioners sugar, cream and peppermint extract until light and fluffy..
- Divide filling evenly on half of cookies the top with another cookie to make a sandwich..
- To keep filling from sqeezing it when eating I freeze these cookies individually and remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. If serving all at one time refrigerate 1 hour to firm filling up a bit. They freeze great..
Peppermint and chocolate lovers unite for this crunchy and sweet dessert. This is a great recipe to make during or after Christmas while you have extra leftover candy canes. With tasty chocolate and peppermint flavors, these festive Christmas cookies are sure to be winners this holiday season. Beat in heavy cream on high speed for one minute after adding. Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.