Whipped Cream Cheese Cake. My grandma Barb's cream cheese pound cake is still a favorite on this blog, and I make it when I'm craving a taste of home. The recipe I prefer uses a few of my favorite ingredients and techniques to create one moist and delicious Southern Whipped Cream Cheese Pound Cake! Just look at that thick beautiful cream cheese whipped deliciousness.
The light consistency makes for a heavenly filling, and also. This cake is light and moist and perfectly spiced. There are a few steps involved but I'll walk you through them and include a how-to video! You can have Whipped Cream Cheese Cake using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whipped Cream Cheese Cake
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 packages of 8 oz. cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 pints of heavy cream.
- You need 3 packages of ladyfingers ( the soft sponge ones).
- It’s 1 can of Cherry pie filling ( I used Comstock brand).
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
The stiffness and stability comes from the cream cheese, so you hardly have to add any sugar, which can make a refreshing change in a topping for an intense cake or sweetly filled tart. This pipes like a dream but, again, stays soft and light like plain whipped cream. Using cream cheese will add a bit of tang to your cakes while using mascarpone will make the froting. It's a five-star favorite that has an ideal balance of sweetness and tanginess.
Whipped Cream Cheese Cake step by step
- In large mixer beat cream cheese,sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy and in a second bowl beat heavy cream. Fold cream into cream cheese mixture and set aside. Using a spring form pan place whole ladyfinger upright around outside of pan and then cover the bottom of pan with ladyfingers using pieces to fill in small areas, making sure the bottom is completely covered. Add 1/3 of cream cheese mixture, another layer of ladyfingers, another 1/3 cream cheese mixture, another layer ladyfingers and finish with last layer of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Top with cherry pie filling right before serving. I sometimes tie a red ribbon around the outside of the cake for a holiday wow factor!.
This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is no exception. It has a lovely golden brown crust that is sweet and so wonderfully crisp on the day it's made. But for a plated dessert you can serve it with either fresh fruit or a fruit sauce, along with softly whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream or even a sorbet. It's probably a recipe very similar to the pound cake recipe that you already Whip some heavy whipping cream with a little bit of powdered sugar until thick, and serve a slice of this cake with freshly whipped cream and berries. Made with whipping cream, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk!