Lemon meringue cookies. These easy Lemon Meringue Cookies are made from egg whites whisked into a stiff meringue and baked until they are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. The meringue base is filled with homemade lemon curd. Here's a way to have the refreshing flavor of lemon meringue pie in a hand-held cookie.
This sugar-free meringue cookie is a four-ingredient recipe, so it comes together quickly and easily. There's no flour in these gluten-free cookies. All you need are egg whites, lemon juice. You can have Lemon meringue cookies using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon meringue cookies
- Prepare of Meringue cookies.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- It’s 3/4 cup of super fine sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of lemon curd.
- It’s 1 of the zest of one lemon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
If the dream fairies are taking requests, tonight I'd like my dreams to include These Lemon Meringue Cookies are the perfect summer treat. Filled with a velvety Lemon Curd and topped with torched Meringue Kisses, these Lemon Meringue Thumbprint Cookies are bite-size versions of a lemon meringue pie. Cookies: Nonstick cooking spray, for the mini muffin tin. Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups are the perfect dessert for my lemon lovers out there!
Lemon meringue cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. If ANY yolk gets into the whites start over. Leave the whites out at room temp..
- While the eggs sit start the lemon curd. In a heavy bottom saucepan combine eggs, sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat..
- When the ingredients are combined add butter..
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cover and chill..
- To start the meringue beat the egg whites on medium until they form soft peaks..
- Slowly add sugar a couple tablespoons at a time. Increase mixing speed..
- Once all the sugar is incorporated add the lemon juice and continue to beat until stiff peaks form..
- The meringue is ready when the bowl can be flipped upside down, the meringue looks glossy, and no sugar granules can be felt..
- You may add color at this point if you wish. Transfer to a piping bag..
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment. If you use parchment make sure you pipe a small amount of the meringue to the cookie sheet on each corner to glue it down..
- Pipe one circle, then pipe another circle around the first one leaving space in the middle. Think of a little cup to hold the curd. They can be quite close together as they do not rise..
- Place in the oven and leave for about an hour then turn off the oven and let them cool for another hour. Do not open the oven until the meringues are no longer shiny. At least 40 minutes..
- Once the meringues are done fill them with the lemon curd and they're done. Meringue can be made up to a week a head of time. Store in the refrigerator..
Sugar cookie cups pair perfectly with the refreshingly tart lemon curd filling in these sweet little Lemon Meringue. Categories: Cookie Meringue Cookies Fruit Lemon Dessert Broiling. Lemon Meringue Cookies Recipe By Ann These Lemon Meringue Cookies are so simple to make, yet the sweet-tart flavor is complex, and very satisfying. Get the fresh, crisp, light taste of Lemon. Lemon Meringue Cookies are cookies that my husband absolutely loves – even better than Chocolate Chip Cookies!