Lemon Bars. The bars will firm up as they cool. I especially love them at this time of year, because they're so. Lemon Bars are a favorite in my home.
Whenever you are craving for a refreshing dessert I suggest you try these lemon bars. They are made with a very flavorful and tangy lemon filling on top of. Ina Garten's Lemon Bars are easy to bake and make for the perfect picnic dessert, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. You can cook Lemon Bars using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- It’s of For crust:.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need of For filling:.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of Yellow food coloring (optional).
Watch the full instructional video and get the recipe here! This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona. Also known as lemon squares, these Lemon Bars have the perfect ratio of lemon-custard and melt-in-your-mouth cookie in every bite.
Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside..
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the crust and mix together until it forms a dough. Press the dough in the bottom and half way up the sides of the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes..
- In a large bowl combine all of the filling ingredients and mix until everything is well mixed. Pour into the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes..
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and 2 hours in the fridge. Dust with confectioner sugar and cut into bars..
I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our I'm a little weird about lemon bars, in that I tend not to love them if they're made mostly of lemon filling. This perfect Lemon Bars Recipe has two important things; the perfect amount of lemon and a rich Lemon Bars Recipe. Growing up in Minnesota I knew these as "lemon squares". Baked lemon bars will be stable and set at room temperature. Unbaked bars should be refrigerated until ready to serve, otherwise the lemon curd will soften.