Fenugreek dessert. Armenian Pizzas (Lahmahjoon) These individual-sized pizzas are made with tortillas or pitas topped with ground lamb in a tomato-based sauce seasoned with cumin, turmeric and other spices. Although Saunth and fenugreek ladoos are a traditional dessert, much more than that, it is eaten as a medicine, and it is because similar ingredients are used while making it. She soaks the fenugreek overnight, to ensure a milder flavor and more digestibility.
Fenugreek, fenugreek seeds, sweets, fenugreek dessert, fenugreek sweets, semolina cake with feenugreek, semolina, sugar syrup, arabic sweets recipes. Fenugreek is an herb and supplement that has many benefits for your health. The cake itself is not sweet at all. You can have Fenugreek dessert using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fenugreek dessert
- You need 2 cups of coarse semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose white flour.
- Prepare half of cup white sugar.
- You need half of cup vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of anise seeds.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 TSP of black seed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of instant yeast.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds.
- You need of for the syrup: 3 cups dark brown sugar.
- You need of for the syrup: one and half cups of water.
- Prepare of for the syrup 1 TSP Orange flower water.
- You need of for the syrup juice of half a lemon.
The syrup is what adds the sweetness to this dessert. Fenugreek seeds actually have severeal benefits. Its great for decreasing inflammation and cholestorol. It is said to improve digestive health and so much more.
Fenugreek dessert step by step
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water covered..
- Next day discard the soaking water. Add fresh water to the seeds and boil over low heat for one hour.
- Keep a cup of the water used for boiling the fenugreek. Allow it to cool to room temperature..
- Allow fenugreek to cool to room temperature..
- Dissolve 3 cups dark brown sugar into one and half cups water..
- Let the syrup boil and reduce till slightly thick..
- Add 1 TSP of orange flower water and the juice of half a lemon..
- Let cool for use later in the recipe..
- In a large bowl,mix the semolina, flour, sugar, yeast and the spices..
- Then add the vegetable oil, fenugreek and the water (kept from boiling fenugreek) into the mixture. Knead well..
- Let the dough rest for one hour..
- Then spread it in a pan covered with 2 tablespoons of tahina..
- Cut the dough into diagonal shapes. Let it rest for another hour..
- Put into 180 degrees oven for 45 minutes till the top is nicely browned..
- Pour on top (while still peeping hot) cold brown sugar syrup..
- Let to rest covered overnight, then serve for breakfast..
So, I guess you can feel a little less guiltier when indulging with this dessert. Use the powder for flavoring if you're making dessert. Rice pudding is one popular way to incorporate fenugreek powder into a dessert. Drain the seed and discard the water. Overview Information Fenugreek is an herb that is similar to clover.