Lemon Shortbread Bars. We add Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make our Lemon Squares extra creamy. Always bake lemon bars at a lower temperature to avoid over-baking. They're simply the best lemon bars and are perfect for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches, baby showers, and bridal showers.
See recipe notes for important tips. They're simply the best lemon bars and are perfect for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches, baby showers, and bridal showers.. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. You can cook Lemon Shortbread Bars using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Shortbread Bars
- Prepare of It has two steps.
- You need 1 of . Shortbread cookie base.
- It’s 2 cups of Flour (sieved).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter (salted / unsalted) cold.
- It’s 2 of . Lemon curd filling.
- It’s 1 cup of Freshly squizzed lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon zest.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs large.
- Prepare as needed of Green / yellow food colour few drops.
Stir in flour, cornstarch and salt. My recent obsession – lemon bars! You can also check out my Meyer lemon curd recipe and these Berry Lemon Tartlets that I made a while back. They are very easy to make and require some staple ingredients, you probably already have.
Lemon Shortbread Bars step by step
- For shortbread take flour salt sugar in a bowl mix it.
- Add essence and butter (in cubes) beat with an electric blender.
- Grease a 7" square mould and pour the flour mixture in it, level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 min then take out and cool down.
- For lemon curd filling take sugar lemon zest in a bowl and mix it with a fork.
- Add flour and salt.
- Take eggs in another bowl. and beat.
- Add flour mixture to the eggs and mix with a balloon whisk.
- Mix lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture on the shortbread base and bake at 180°C for 25 mins.
The BEST Lemon Bars with a shortbread crust and tangy sweet lemon filling! Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Affiliate Disclosure:**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended. This is one of my favorite cookies of all time, although technically they're closer to a pie than a cookie.