My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart. Lemon tart is one of my favorite desserts. The sunny, tart-meets-sweet flavor of everyone's favorite yellow citrus fruit shines brightly in our favorite lemon dessert recipes. You absolutely must use fresh lemons when making these recipes—bottled juice simply won't suffice!
This easy No Bake Lemon Pie is loaded with tart lemon flavor! The creamy lemon filling is perfect with the graham cracker crust and freshly whipped cream! Dymnyno gave the tart her own touch — a Meyer lemon — which lends it fragrance and finesse and none of the intrusive acidity found in regular lemons. You can have My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart
- Prepare of Dough (8-10 7cm tart shells).
- You need 130 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 20 g of almond flour.
- Prepare 65 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- Prepare 1 g of salt.
- You need 50 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 25 g of whole egg liquid.
- It’s of Brushing.
- Prepare 20 g of egg wash (two parts whole egg liquid + one part water).
- Prepare of Lemon custard filling.
- Prepare 100 g of lemon juice.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted cultured butter.
- You need 2 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest.
One catch: you'll need to use your own tart dough. If you don't have a favorite, we recommend the Joy of Cooking's sweet pastry dough. The lemon peel gives the tart a kick, but if you don't want it in your tart, add the peel and strain it out. I served mixed berries and fresh cream on the side.
My Favorite Dessert — Lemon Tart instructions
- Combine diced cold butter and icing sugar. Cut butter into small pieces and mix with icing sugar until butter coated with icing sugar..
- Add cake flour and almond flour, salt. Use fingertips mix flour and butter, then add egg liquid, combine all ingredients, use spatula or hand to mix till dough formed..
- Roll the dough out about 0.3cm thick. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Then cut into round dough (diameter 10cm).
- Place onto tart ring (7cm), trim the excess dough..
- Prick the base of the pastry case with fork. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C, bake for 16 minutes, remove from oven, brush egg wash onto tart shells,, back to oven bake for 5 minutes..
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest (leave some for garnish), egg in a sauce pan. Use double cooked method to cook the mixture, keep stirring till the mixture temperature reach 80 degree C, remove sauce pan from stove. Add cold diced butter and stir till well-mixed. Pour in pastry bag, then fill the tart shells with filling..
- Garnish with lemon zest. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before enjoy it!.
This will be in my favorites file to bake for guests and family. Gluten free lemon tart is a smooth and creamy, sweet lemon dessert. Lemons are in season and they are one of my favorite fruits to bake with. This homemade fresh lemon tart is just bursting with lemon flavor. The perfect quick dessert for any party or any time a lemon craving hits.