Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie – Two Time 1st Place Winner. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. Even the most famous chefs have differing opinions on what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. And so, I tested recipes from Alton Brown, Duff Goldman, and Martha Stewart to see which reigns.
The ultimate chocolate chip cookie from Jacques Torres. The Netflix reality baking show Nailed It! has made Pastry Chef and Judge Jacques Torres a celebrity. Georgia has already gone back to school. You can cook Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie – Two Time 1st Place Winner using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie – Two Time 1st Place Winner
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Shortening.
- You need 2 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Add the vanilla and yolk and whisk until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients, and stir until just mixed. I've adapted these from the Cooks Illustrated Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I absoluetly love that recipe, but my kids prefer a more traditional flavor profile, and sometimes so do I.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie – Two Time 1st Place Winner step by step
- Cream both sugars, shortening, eggs and extract. Make it really creamy..
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients together..
- Slowly combine the dry into the sugar mixture. Add you chips.
- Bake 350°F for 12 – 14 minutes. This depends on your oven heat. You want to get them out of the oven as they start to brown. Your cookie will look under done, but will continue to cook until they are on a cooling rack. Over cooked makes it too crispy. The inside needs to stay soft with a cracked surface..
I took what I loved about the Cooks Illustrated recipe and adapted it a little to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies for our family. Chill Time: This recipe requires a small chill time to keep the cookies from spreading too much — a small price to pay for perfect chocolate chip cookies! Read on for our perfect chocolate chip recipe, in addition to more tips from our Test Kitchen! They are a perfect chocolate chip cookie lover's dream! The recipe is simple and it's probably my all-time favorite chocolate chip recipe of all time.